?

Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

No conviction for actor Samuel Johnson

No conviction for actor Samuel Johnson


December 18, 2007 11:25am



FORMER Secret Life Of Us star Samuel Johnson has escaped conviction for a drunken assault at a wedding reception in which he stomped on a man's head.

Johnson, 29, appeared in Sydney's Downing Centre court today where he pleaded guilty to the September 1 incident at Star City Casino.

Johnson had repeatedly punched guest Ben Benson before stomping on his head as he lay prone on the floor.

The court was told that at the time of the offence Johnson was receiving treatment for depression following the suicide of his long-term partner.

Magistrate Brian Maloney said he accepted the attack was out of character and took into account Johnson's early contact with police on the night of the offence.

"You couldn't get any earlier in point of time to ringing the police and saying I'm the person you are looking for, and by the way how is the victim doing?" Mr Maloney said.

He imposed a 12-month good behaviour bond, requiring Johnson to continue with his counselling, and no conviction was reported.

Outside court, Johnson said he was sorry for the incident.

"I am very sorry it all happened, I was a bit of a nincompoop and I'm glad that it's all over.

"I'm looking forward to moving on."

When asked if he had any message for Mr Benson, Johnson replied: "I can only reiterate my apologies."

"I behaved like a goose and I've been remorseful since the moment it happened," he said.


Comments

Profile

userpicus
sa_mu_el_j
Samuel Johnson daily

Latest Month

May 2008
S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by chasethestars